Uncategorized

Two adults found dead with children in Norfolk died of stab wounds to neck | UK news


UK news

Man, 45, and woman, 36, found dead in house in Costessey were related to two girls to be given later postmortem examinations

Sun 21 Jan 2024 20.58 CET

Two adults found dead with two children at a house in Norfolk died as a result of stab wounds to the neck, a postmortem examination has found.

The bodies of two young girls, reportedly aged 12 and seven, a 36-year-old woman and a 45-year-old man were found in a house on Allan Bedford Crescent, Costessey, on Friday. All four were related, police said, and the man has been named locally as Bartłomiej Kuczyński, a structural engineer.

A police statement said: “The 36-year-old woman died as a result of stab wounds to the neck, while the 45-year-old man died as a result of a stab wound to the neck.” Postmortem examinations of the two girls will be carried out on Wednesday, a police spokesperson added.

Officers forced their way into the home in Costessey near Norwich on Friday morning at 7.15am after a call from a member of the public. DCI Chris Burgess, from the Norfolk and Suffolk major investigation team, previously told reporters: “We can confirm all four were found with injuries, and postmortem examinations will be held in due course to establish cause of death. Officers are expected to remain at the scene for some time.

“We are still working to understand the full circumstances which led to the deaths of these people. However, at this time, we believe this to be an isolated incident. I recognise the shock and upset this incident will cause in the local community and we will have increased patrols in the area across the weekend. I would urge anyone with any concerns to speak to these officers.”

He said police had previously visited the property on 14 December in relation to a missing person inquiry. A man called 999 from the property on Allan Bedford Crescent at about 6am that day, but police were not dispatched. Officers made the discovery about an hour and 15 minutes later after a member of the public alerted them again at about 7am.

Norfolk constabulary, which has referred itself to the police watchdog over the delay, is not looking for anyone else in connection with the tragedy.

One neighbour told the Eastern Daily Press: “Everyone is just really saddened about what has happened. No one can believe it.

“You don’t expect to be with a police cordon but they are just doing their job.”



Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button